With office hours extending up to ten to twelve hours per day for many people. Time is increasingly becoming a rare commodity for working professionals in India. With high disposable income and small nuclear families, online shopping is becoming the preferred mode of buying stuff.
Everything is sold from mobile to nappies, to woman lingerie at these online stores, that also at competitive prices. These online portals have exclusive tie-up with many FMCG and durable manufacturing companies. Product ordered is delivered right to your home and have multiple payment options.
Everything from airline, train and bus tickets, to movie and concert tickets are sold online now. Most of these online shopping sites use Magento e- commerce platform. Affordable Magento web development applications is the only cost effective e-commerce medium available to portals.
Magento is the most flexible e-commerce platform available in the market, which seamlessly adapts and optimized itself on a desktop or a laptop, as well as on a smart-phone or a tablet PC.
In India the market of these application will grow in future due to its young population, but not as rapidly as predicted. People are still concerned about fraudulent activities.
According to expert statistics mobile web will rival desktop users by 2013, and custom Magento website developer should be poised to take advantage of this newly created market.
Though e-retailers think the percentage of sales through mobile app. is not enough to warrant setting up a mobile store, but it could be argued that all the online self service sites lack mobile friendly versions.
The Advantages of Magento
- The same application can be accessed on PCs as well as mobiles, minus additional codes.
- Magento’s flexible pricing rules enable the efficient creation of a variety of promotional offers to increase conversion rates.
- Marketing Tools provide the functionality and ease-of-use to increase online sales.
- It allow for further insight into store performance through integration of Google Analytics and Website Optimizers.
- It also has provisions for catalog management.
- It enables the site visitor to browse through the products as well as the catalogs in real time.
- It Automatically detects mobile browsers and show the mobile-optimized version of the site. It provides the full site catalog or a smaller selection of products tailored for the mobile customers. It also has easy payment option.
- One don’t even have to register to buy a product.
- It’s integrated with multiple payment options, from Pay Pal to cash on delivery.
- It can support 60 languages and multiple currencies, taxes and payment methods.
- Customers can ship items in an order to multiple addresses. It also displays real time carrier rates.
- Customers can save items to a wish-list and share with friends and family. They can access and edit their profiles too.
- Customers can view orders, create invoices and shipment records for sales orders and issue refund request. One can re-order previous orders from their account, while the administrator can view the full order histories.
- Customers can view their accounts and receive tracking information and order status. They can submit requests too on contact page.
- Customer care executives can see the customer profile and account history. They can also view items in customers shopping carts and wish-lists in real time, and satisfactorily answer a customers quarries on phone or internet.